Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of gluten free flour (We use Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour (affiliate link).)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups of gluten free flour (we use Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour (affiliate link).)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 boxes of Goodie Girl Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (affiliate link) (25 for the middle cookie layer, 6 for the crushed topping)
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9×9 cake pan with parchment paper. We used USA Pan Bakeware Square Cake Pan (affiliate link) for these.
Cookie Dough Layer
In a large bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla. Mix with a handheld mixer until combined and creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Beat in flour mixture gradually. Once completely combined, fold in chocolate chips. Add the cookie dough layer to the bottom of the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
Simply layer the Goodie Girl Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (affiliate link) on top of the cookie dough layer. In a 9×9 pan, I fit 25 cookies perfectly.
In a saucepan, melt the butter, salt and sugar until completely combined. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add vanilla, cocoa and eggs and mix. Then slowly add the flour and baking powder. Mix until completely combined. Pour the brownie mixture over the Goodie Girl Chocolate Sandwich Cookie later. Spread evenly. Top with (approximately 6) crushed cookies and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
Bake for 50 minutes. Let it cool completely before removing it from the pan. Slice and enjoy!
*Note: You can add vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup to make this over the top dessert even more outrageous!
**If looking to simplify this recipe, you can use a boxed cookie mix and boxed brownie mix for the bottom and top layer. (We recommend Betty Crocker Gluten Free mixes, King Arthur Gluten Free mixes or Stonewall Kitchen Gluten Free mixes.)