- 2 cups of brown rice (cooled)
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 scallions (sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 1/4 cup of pecans (chopped; omit if there are nut allergies)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
In a large bowl combine, brown rice, chickpeas, carrots, scallions, dill, pecans, and dried cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, champagne vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the rice salad mixture and toss to combine. This should be served at room temperature but you can make it ahead. If making it ahead, keep it covered and refrigerated but make sure to take it out prior to serving and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
**This recipe is adapted from a recipe we cut out in Living Without Magazine from several years ago.